The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Games on Sale

Games on Sale

Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 712
Joe

Where do you see the game Liberti going for $15.00. I see it for $59.95

That sale price is from the beginning of July.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 145
Fantasy Flight Games seasonal sale. Notable sales is the Age of Conan boardgame for $25. Has anyone played this? Comments?
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 365
Fantasy Flight Games seasonal sale. Notable sales is the Age of Conan boardgame for $25. Has anyone played this? Comments?

Paul, a few of us own it. None of us has succeeded in running it yet. The rules are badly written. Reviews say that the game is good if you can hash it all out.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 146

Paul, a few of us own it. None of us has succeeded in running it yet. The rules are badly written. Reviews say that the game is good if you can hash it all out.

Coming from the same folks behind War of the Ring, that was my biggest fear. Even though I now understand War of the Ring, it is the most over-engineered games I've played. With 48 pages of exception based rules, I feel as though I'm focusing on playing correctly in every situation instead of thinking about strategy. It's just too convoluted. I feel WotR could be overhauled and streamlined, down to about 10 pages of rules, and the game would be less fiddly and playable in ~3 hours instead of 5+.

Thanks. Let me know if you have the urge to play Conan, I will give it a try, at least once!
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 366

Coming from the same folks behind War of the Ring, that was my biggest fear. Even though I now understand War of the Ring, it is the most over-engineered games I've played. With 48 pages of exception based rules, I feel as though I'm focusing on playing correctly in every situation instead of thinking about strategy. It's just too convoluted. I feel WotR could be overhauled and streamlined, down to about 10 pages of rules, and the game would be less fiddly and playable in ~3 hours instead of 5+.

Thanks. Let me know if you have the urge to play Conan, I will give it a try, at least once!

There is a small group of us swearing we will play Conan someday. Hopefully that happens soon.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 147

There is a small group of us swearing we will play Conan someday. Hopefully that happens soon.

Count me in! I'll even read the rules, as long as someone else does too. Maybe we'll be able to figure it out. =)
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,190
It's not really a sale, but if anyone was looking to get a copy of Cards Against Humanity, they are back in stock at Amazon for their regular price ($25) rather than the $40+ they've been for the last few months.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 737
Coolstuff year ender. Something for everybody.

http://www.coolstuffi...­
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 249
Amazon's deal of the day has some great deals on select strategy games. If you need to fill in your collection with some standard games these are some pretty low prices.

http://www.amazon.com...­
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 842
Miniature Market added a pile of stuff to clearance. Adventurers prepaints, anyone?

Here's the boardgames:
http://www.miniaturem...­