Mark
Mike
Nick
Phillip
Rob
Rodney
Ryan
Scott

Recording your game collection at BoardGameGeek is a great way to keep track of your games and let others see what you have. Send your BGG user name to April or Doug to add your collection link to the list above.

cool cool cool
A former member
Post #: 53
I recall an earlier post where someone was mentioning how easy it was to enter your collection into BGG. Something about just clicking on titles if I recall correctly. Can anyone clue me in on this easy process. I have ~150 titles and typing them all in is too much like work.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 127
Wuss
James K.
jameskrolak
Minneapolis, MN
Post #: 640
I recall an earlier post where someone was mentioning how easy it was to enter your collection into BGG. Something about just clicking on titles if I recall correctly. Can anyone clue me in on this easy process. I have ~150 titles and typing them all in is too much like work.

Well, it's not amazingly easy, but all you gotta do is login, then bring up the page for a particular game you've got, then go ALL the way to the bottom of the page and there is a place to put a check mark for "own." Then, repeat for every dang game you've got.

It's not tough, but you have to go to the page for EACH game to do this. I wish they just had an option to "update my collection" and they would show a list of all games, organized by first letter, and have a checkbox for "own" there. It would be a lot easier if you have tons of games like some of us do.
A former member
Post #: 54
Wuss

That's Mr. Wuss to you Grant.
Rob_Canada
user 3762369
St Catharines, ON
Post #: 25
There is a bit of a potential short-cut for this task:

Find someone who has a similar set of game interests as you. Their collection will contain many of the same games. When you view their list, there is a handy-dandy 'OWN' column. If you click on that spot for each game you own, you can add a game with a mere two clicks.

Of course, you have to find people that have a lot of the same games as you for this to work well, and you'll still have to enter a couple of them manually. But, it's probably as easy as it gets until someone develops software that can just look at a picture of your collection and figures out what you gots.

Of course, you could just send me a picture of your collection, and $20US, and I'll enter them for you :)

I hope that helps.
Laurie
LaurieW917
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 564
Of course, you could just send me a picture of your collection, and $20US, and I'll enter them for you :)

You work cheap, Rob! I'd bet you could get at least $50 for your services.
A former member
Post #: 57
There is a bit of a potential short-cut for this task:

Find someone who has a similar set of game interests as you. Their collection will contain many of the same games. When you view their list, there is a handy-dandy 'OWN' column. If you click on that spot for each game you own, you can add a game with a mere two clicks.

Of course, you have to find people that have a lot of the same games as you for this to work well, and you'll still have to enter a couple of them manually. But, it's probably as easy as it gets until someone develops software that can just look at a picture of your collection and figures out what you gots.

I hope that helps.

I'm having a problem trying to use that check box.
After I check the box and hit "update" it just hangs.

Maybe Rob's service might be worth $20US.
One pic of each game bookcase is six pics....
...the games in the closet would be a 7th pic...
...the games in the van and game carrier would be an 8th pic...
...maybe I could organize or pile all of the loose games lying around for a 9th pic...
...I could probably get my collection to you in 9 pics Rob :)
A former member
Post #: 58
It's hanging after I use the 'Own' check box at the bottom of a game listing. I haven't tried it off of someone else's collection yet. I'll give that a try tonight after I get home from work.
bobbie8153
bobbie8153
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 678
Tom,
After you click on submit and it looks like it is hanging, just scroll back up a bit above the box where you checked own and you can give the game a rating, you may see red printing that says Collection Updated - or something to that effect.
I didn't think anything was happening either because it doesn't look like anything is happening. In actuality, it was and there was more in my actually in my collection than I thought there was.