addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September 5th Games

September 5th Games

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 392
I'd like to sign up for Vinhos, but if Ryan isn't feeling like reading the rules, I could play something else.

Andy
A former member
Post #: 8
Actually I'm probably going to be late to this. So someone else can take my spot for through the ages.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,865
I'd be interested in trying Vinhos sometime in the future.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 490
I would like to play Through the Ages, and I agree with Andrew the one thing I enjoy about board games is the face to face play.

Shelia and Don have yet to pick, I was hoping for game that would run 60 to 90 minutes. I am interested in Vinhos as well.

Vinhos looks like a good BACSIM game, but I think Sven is going to be helping Ryan with his next How to Play and Ludology podcasts after Sven's successful play of Power Grid.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 881
Ok I am now trained in Portuguese wine-making, so I will go ahead and stick with the plan of running Vinhos tonight, I printed out some player aids to help too.

This is certainly euroriffic, lets see how it goes.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,469
I'm down for making some wine. I'm also flexible if we have an extra person or two show up.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,161
I guess I'm still looking for a game, if there's anyone else who needs one. Or I can stay home and sleep.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 492
Come out and play a game
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 54
Have to change my RSVP to a no this time. Thought my body would be recovered enough to bike over but this is not the case!
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 493
Well, I was late to work, and only got 5 hours of sleep, but I wanted to comment on Vinhos. Ryan, Andy and Don and I played Vinhos. Jenna and Shelia with the help of coffee made it out and they played Le Havre and Jeff joined them with the strict time constraint that he had to leave at 8:45. They finished their game of "See Joel LeHavre does not need to take 4 hours" at 8:43 just perfect for Jeff. Joe and AndrewL played "This is How Real Men play Through the Ages"

I have to make yet another apology to Ryan as he finished the rules explanation, I asked him if he got this game for free. Ryan I really did enjoy the game and I am sorry I doubted your game selection.

I would say that Vinhos is a bit more advanced than Caylus, and similar in play, a lot of choices and quite a few tasks that you have to manage. Andy, was the master vintner, Don was just a vintner, Joel was the special ed intern because Ryan helped, and Ryan was the intern.

There is a neat complexity to the game that I hope to get a chance to explore at some other session.