The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › September 26th Games

September 26th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,477
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Dragon Rampage - Jenna - 1 seat open - (Jenna, Andy, Jeff, Isaac)
Descent - you know who you are
Seasons - Doug - Filled - (Doug, Mark, Joe)

Slot 2
Gonzaga - Rodney - Filled - (Rodney, Paul, Jeff, DomoJeff)

Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,164
I'd like to run Dragon Rampage
3-5 players
90 minutes

Please save a seat for Scott.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 99
The main page states the meeting on the 26th is at D'Youville College - Madonna Hall. Is this correct?
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,478
The main page states the meeting on the 26th is at D'Youville College - Madonna Hall. Is this correct?

Nah, I'll fix it. We're at UB like usual.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 340
Wow, anyone else running games this week?

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 397
I'll rampage along with Jenna and the dragons.

Andy
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,871
If time permits (after Descent) I'd like to offer up Gonzaga for slot two. 2-4 players 30-60 min.

This game has been sitting un-played on my shelf forever. A podcaster recently spoke about this game as being the most underrated and overlooked games of 2009. He scores it a 10 and is one of the highest rated games he owns. Can it really be that good?
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
Hi guys. Newbie here. I was hoping to show up Wed, but here's my hitch. I have a meeting upstairs from 7:30-8:30, so I'll either need to start at 8:30, or (preferably) play a shorter game before hand, and then rejoin later. So since I'm unfamiliar with the whole process, maybe you can help me out:

1) Should I pursue the 6:30 or 8:30 option? It looks like Dragon Rampage might be the first game, in which case I couldn't play since it's likely to last more than an hour.
2) How flexible is the agenda, or is it set in stone here? I have a variety of <1 hr games we could try, if possible.
3) What time does this typically go to, and what is normal attendance?
4) I see someone mentioning "after descent", but I don't see that game being played yet. Am I missing something?
5) What's my expected knowledge of games when I sit down? Should I be reading rules ahead of time?

Thanks!
~jeff
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
If we can swap slots around, I'd love to play Dragon Rampage and/or Gonzaga.
Some <1hr games I could run are
-Race for the Galaxy
-Cosmic Encounters
-Family Business
-Drakon

And 1 more question. Where are people linking to their BGG collections? I'm hoping to enter mine today.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,101
Wow, anyone else running games this week?

You have any requests, Mark? Jenna's game looks interesting, but I don't think that's a 5-player game.

If Rodney brings his copy of Seasons, I could run that. That sounds like a really fun 2-3 player game.