user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 101
I'm in for second slot Gonzaga.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 102
Hi guys. Newbie here. I was hoping to show up Wed, but here's my hitch. I have a meeting upstairs from 7:30-8:30, so I'll either need to start at 8:30, or (preferably) play a shorter game before hand, and then rejoin later. So since I'm unfamiliar with the whole process, maybe you can help me out:

1) Should I pursue the 6:30 or 8:30 option? It looks like Dragon Rampage might be the first game, in which case I couldn't play since it's likely to last more than an hour.

Hi Jeff, and welcome. It would it's best to aim for a 8:30ish game.

2) How flexible is the agenda, or is it set in stone here? I have a variety of <1 hr games we could try, if possible.

Once people are signed up for a game we almost always stick to the schedule. The schedule usually only changes when players or the person running the game have to drop out for the night.

3) What time does this typically go to, and what is normal attendance?

10-11, but sometimes later, sometimes earlier.

4) I see someone mentioning "after descent", but I don't see that game being played yet. Am I missing something?

This is an anomaly. I'm running a Descent 2e campaign with the same players every other week at UB. We don't post it in the listing because the players only change when someone can't make Descent that week.

5) What's my expected knowledge of games when I sit down? Should I be reading rules ahead of time?

As a player, none. The person running the game teaches anyone who hasn't played it. We have a LOT of dedicated gamers who do read the rules before playing a game, even ones they aren't running. This is a wonderful part of our group and this helps but isn't expected. The runner is expected to know the rules well enough to teach and adjudicate the game.

Hope that helps.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,165
Looks like Scott isn't going to make it this week. Dragon Rampage isn't a two player game either, so if no one besides me and Andy want to play it, maybe I should save it for a different week.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,102
Whats the sweet spot for Dragon's Rampage, Jenna? 3 players?
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,166
According to BGG, 4 players.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,103
Sorry, Jeff, I didn't see your post. Meetup marked it as read for some reason. Paul hit the nail on the head for the most part, but we are more flexible than he made us sound (unless its regarding Paul's Descent 2e campaign - he rules that with an iron fist tongue). As for your meeting, you probably are better off just planning on coming after your meeting for the second round of games. I tend to run shorter stuff in the 1st slot, but I am still rarely done by 7:30. That shouldn't stop you from dropping by before your meeting to meet us, however. Every once in a while we get a filler game going while we wait for everyone to show up (Don....), so you could certainly join in playing that. Don't talk to Mark first tho. He's scary.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,104
According to BGG, 4 players.

I'd be happy to play if I can't find 1 or 2 others for Seasons (unless Rodney can't bring it anyways). I'm really hot to trot to try that game.
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
My meeting got cancelled, so I can attend the entire session.
So sign me up for Rampage and Gonzaga.

I'd offer to host another game, but I'll wait on that until I can gauge people's interests a little.
Here's a list of games I have access to:
http://www.geekgames....­
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 51
I'm pretty sure JP said he couldn't make it this week, so there is and open space in Descent.
After that I'll take the last spot in Gonzaga.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 341
Doug, I will drop in and play whatever you feel like running (Dr Shark).