The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › December 19th Games

December 19th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,142
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Innovation - Andy - Filled - (Andy, Denise, Jeff, Shelia)
Hot Rod Creeps - Doug - Filled - (Doug, Rodney, Paul, DomoJeff)

Slot 2
Glory to Rome - Andy - 1 seat available - (Andy, Denise, Jeff, Paul)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,143
Uuh... Christmas-themed games? Are there any decent ones?
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 150
I'm off work the following day so I'm up for anything, even something lengthy. I can't recall any Christmas themed games.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,144
I can't recall any Christmas themed games.

Paul, I find it very difficult to believe that you do not own some Fantasy Flight Christmas game complete with plastic elves, Santa Clause dice, a light-up sleigh, and 8 real reindeer.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,930
Doug, I'm feelin the need for speed. Any chance of running Hot Rod Creeps? biggrin
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 431
Hmmm... Christmas games???

Eclipse has the Elder of the Solstice (Santa Claus) bonus race. Sadly, that's only one person that gets to be Christmasy.

Fast Flowing Forest Fellers could be Christmasy (they could be cutting down Christmas trees, not that tree felling really comes into play during the game).

Ticket to Ride: Nordic Countries has snow, that's something!

Risk has lots and lots and lots of fighting that goes on and on and on, which sounds exactly like Christmas at my house growing up.

That's all I can come up with.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,792
I think a pick-up and delivery game with a Santa's workshop theme would be awesome. You could have a "build you enigine" portion with your toy workshop. Instead of building up your workshop, you could also soup up your sleigh to make it faster or increase its capacity. Plus, there could be bad weather/yeti to spoil your toy runs.

Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 151
Don't make me bring: BLIZZARD OF '77 TRAVEL GAME!!!! I do own it but I think it's at my mom's house. I could pick it up on the way, she lives 5 minutes from UB. I haven't played this in ...... 34 years? shock
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 152
I can't recall any Christmas themed games.

Paul, I find it very difficult to believe that you do not own some Fantasy Flight Christmas game complete with plastic elves, Santa Clause dice, a light-up sleigh, and 8 real reindeer.

Don't tempt me, I could dig up most of those bits, especially the plastic elves!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 15
I'd like to play Innovation and/or Legendary, but alas, I own neither. Anyone want to make my Christmas dream come true and bring/run those?