addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Need for Speed series #2

Need for Speed series #2

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,968
Who's feeling the need for speed? Once again I'm going to attempt to run another racing mini series in an effort to get some not so common and or different types of games to the table. 

All games will have one thing in common "racing" These games will all either share a racing theme and or utilize a racing style of mechanic. Points will be tracked per race based on the number of players per game. The player with the most points after six games will be declared the winner of the series. The series will take place over several weeks. 

I will most likely offer up prizes to the top three overall finishers in points. The games played will most likely depend on interest.  I'm going to have to limit the total amount of players to six maximum only because trying to find games that play more than that will be difficult at best. 

With that being said, I'll take the first five players that express interest. First come first served. If there is enough interest more info will follow. If anyone has any questions let me know. 
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,969
I should reserve a spot for Don since he motivated me to get this going. That leaves four openings for anyone that is interested.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 193
Shall I dust off Circus Maximus?
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 30
I'm interested, but only come to UB. Dealbreaker?
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 53
I'd be interested -- UB only.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,970
The first series was spread out over several weeks. Three games at UB and three games at D'youville run every other week. I have nothing definite one way or the other on when or where this will take place.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 195
I'll join.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 444
I'd be up for another racing series! It was a lot of fun the last time.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,972
Ok then that makes six players if we play this series at UB.

Don
Jeff
Midge
Paul
Andy
Rodney

We will play every other week at UB. Probably one game per night, although we might be able to get two shorter games done in one night depending on games chosen.

Next I'll pick the six games we'll play and post the points structure and potential awards up for grabs :)
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 196
Sounds good Rodney. Let me know if you want to use/run or have me run Circus Maximus, a chariot racing game from 1979(?).