addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Need for Speed series #2

Need for Speed series #2

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,005
Congratulations to Andy on his first place finish in Junkyard Races. Jeff filled in for Don and scored a respectable third place finish. Here are the final results of the fourth race.

Andy 14
Rodney 12
Don 10
Joe 8
Jeff 6
Midge 4
Paul 2
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,006
And once again here are the updated overall standings after four races.

Andy 36
Paul 36
Don 36
Jeff 32
Rodney 30
Midge 14

As of this moment Andy edges out Paul for first despite being tied overall because Andy has 2 second place finishes versus Paul's one.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 464
While the playtime was overly long with fiddly items, I do feel like the game delivered on my hope of playing a boardgame version of Mario Kart!

Thanks again Rodney!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,171
What time did you guys end up finishing the game?
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,579
Congratulations to Andy on his first place finish in Junkyard Races. Jeff filled in for Don and scored a respectable third place finish. Here are the final results of the fourth race.

Thanks Jeff!
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 465
What time did you guys end up finishing the game?

I think it was between 10:00 and 10:30 (we did 3 laps instead of the potential 5).
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,172
I think it was between 10:00 and 10:30 (we did 3 laps instead of the potential 5).

Oof. Sounds like a cautionary tale that just because a game CAN hold 8 players doesn't mean it SHOULD.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,007
The game in my opinion sounded better on paper than it actually was. It wasn't terrible, but with all the little nuances of the rules the game far overstayed its welcome. I'm not sure the game would be any better with fewer players because you need more players for the interaction experience the game tries to provide. Yes the game would go quicker if we played it again or had fewer players, but I'm not sure how much that would really improve game play itself.

I dunno maybe I'm just getting picky or more critical with the more games I play, or maybe its just old age. <g>
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 61
Maybe it's old age but I don't ever want to play this again.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 232
I thought it was fun but it shouldn't be played with more than 5. 4-5 would make the turn-around time a lot more tolerable.