The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Need for Speed series #2

Need for Speed series #2

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,983
Congratulations to Joe on winning the first race of the series. He actually tied Paul for first place but won on the tie breaker based on best overall finishes in the 3 races. Standings are as follows...

Joe 16
Paul 14
Jeff 12
Rodney 10
Don 8
Midge 6
Reilly 4
Andy 2

We'll resume again in two weeks at UB on Feb 27th.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 451
Thanks again for running the series Rodney, the horse racing definitely had the tension associated with the sport! I look forward to the next round!
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,985
Poor Andy... he had the lead in the final race not far from the finish line but stumbled, broke a leg and couldn't finish.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 214
Thanks for running this Rodney, it went smooth and was fun. I'm looking forward to the Canoe racer and whatever other races we play.
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 452
Poor Andy... he had the lead in the final race not far from the finish line but stumbled, broke a leg and couldn't finish.

Now, to be fair, I finished (I rolled across the finish line in 7th!)

I was 2 spots short of finishing. I'm guessing my horse's drug test results came back right before the line, and the race organizers tripped me to avoid the potential doping scandal. Other possibilities include my catching the little rabbit/carrot/thing and not caring about the race anymore (I know that's dog racing, but it makes me chuckle to envision a horse stopping at the finish line to chew on a carrot).
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,986
A win in the last race would've put you in 5th in the standings instead of last :(
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 453
A win in the last race would've put you in 5th in the standings instead of last :(

But unlike in Belfort, I know that no one is going to actively try to steal last place from me!
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,564
Thanks for running this Rodney. I liked that one, it didn't rely too much on the dice rolls thank god.
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 54
Rodney, we had ourselves a real horse race -- liked Turfmaster a lot. Thanks for running it and for getting me coming back to Wednesday night games.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,987
Thanks everyone for playing. It's nice to get these not so common games to the table once in awhile.