The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 20th Games

February 20th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,563
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Archipelago - Andrew L. - Filled - (Andrew L., Paul, Jeff, Ryan, Shelia)
Myrmes - JP - Filled - (JP, Jenna, Kyle, Don)
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 195
I'd like to try Archipelago.
2-3 hours
2-5 players
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 101
Id like to run Myrmes (the ant game) if there is any interest. 90-120 min, 2-4players.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 212
I'll run Space Cadets, a space ship crew coop game.
3-6 players
~2 hours

From the description:
Space Cadets is a fun and frantic cooperative game for 3-6 players who take on the roles of Bridge Officers of a Starship. Each officer must accomplish his specific task in order for the team to successfully complete the mission.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 213
Oopsie, JP beat me to the post by ... seconds??!

There probably won't be enough players for all 3 games in slot 1, and all 3 of these look pretty lengthy, so I'll run Space Cadets some other time, but I will bring it with me in case something falls through or there's enough interest in slot 2.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 1,984
I'm interested in trying Space Cadets sometime, but I'm not going to be able to make it on the 20th :(
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 102
Sorry to step on your post, Paul. I'm also interested in Space Cadets if no one wants to play Antgricola!
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 762
I'd like to try Archipelago.
2-3 hours
2-5 players

Are you turning into "everyone's trying to win, but there's a chance we're all going to fail" guy?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 196
Just a series of intriguing unique games with a mutual interest element. Most true co-ops leave a bad taste in my mouth.

I figured you'd be a fan of these games if only for the sort of kill switch that exists. If you're having a terrible time you can just boil the planet or stir up the rebels and be done with it.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 763
Vasel gave it a conditional thumb's-up. I suppose I'm interested.

Any idea if you're going with the short/medium/long game?