The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › ANDROID NETRUNNER PLAYERS

ANDROID NETRUNNER PLAYERS

Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 299
I just got my copy of android netrunner and I know a lot of people have it andlove it so I know there was talk of getting together to play in pairs and switch up every so often. Any thoughts on this? Do people still want to get together? I am free Monday night as well if anyone wants to meetup.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 770
Shelia, this is the kind of talk that I like to hear. Just got my copy of the first data pack today (thank you, Jeff). I really like the asymmetric gameplay and the deck construction. Unfortunately, it's got a lot of rules for a card game and I'm not very bright. My plan is to pick one deck from each side and just work on those. I'm available on Mondays and for pick-up play. I just wouldn't want any of my other gaming to suffer. smile
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 300
I will try to read the rules this weekend. I am not great at learning the rules either, I much prefer being taught new games but I will bring the game to work and try to read up on it during our breaks. If monday works that would be great to try it out, I dont have any boosters though... :(... I wanted to try the base game out a few times before trying it. I put a post on FB too and I think Don might be interested and I know Mark just got it.... If at least us 4 could meet up that would be cool, we could all learn it together and switch partners after a game or two.
Mark and Don are u guys free??? And whoever else is interested!
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 103
Count me in! In general. But specifically Monday works well for me. I love this game so far and am happy to teach it (as I'm wont to do). It's definitely best to play with the starting decks to learn but I dont think it takes that long to figure out what you wish your deck was better at. Hoping to get a meta going around here eventually so thank you for taking the first step and posting.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 723
I am down, busy this monday, but usually available on at least 3 of them a month.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 301
Thanks JP for offering to teach! I will read the rules this weekend but it will be nice to jear the rules from you too. Where do you guys want to meet up? Panera on sheridan or corner bakery cafe on niagara falls blvd?? Where else would be convenient?
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 57
ok, I'm curious. Maybe I'll come watch before I spend the bucks?
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 106
I'm fine with either Corner Bakery or Panera; the only other obvious place I could think of is a Wegman's somewhere. They tend to have a good number of empty tables and booths, especially the one on Amherst. I can get to these places any time after five!
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 771
Yeah I'm in for Monday. CBC is probably better than Panera, but we're only playing 2p games, so it's not as bad a choice as it usually is. smile I 'll have to check the gaming layout at Wegman's, I never go into that corner.

I'm good whenever.

Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 58
I think the lighting at Wegman's is darker & that early in the evening people are still there for dinner. (It's a good late-night place for gaming.)