The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › March 6th Games

March 6th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,576
Hopefully they also issue mandatory vacation!! We'll play again Sheila, assuming the game is fun. Don, you were interested in Cadets, right? I can save the Holodeck Testing Station for you! devilish

Yes I am, but unfortunately I can't make it this week. sad

What bad things ever happened in the holodeck? [/sarcasm off]
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 226
Looks like one more slot open for Space Cadets. 5 will be fine, 6 is the perfect crew size.

Don, what happens in the holodeck stays in the holodeck!
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 461
Don, what happens in the holodeck stays in the holodeck!

Professor Moriarty from Star Trek: TNG's sixth season episode "Ship in a Bottle" would like to disagree with you (or at least, he thinks he disagrees with you).
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 913
I hate to be Bobby Bailout once again, but this cold is not going to lend itself well to immersive thematic games, Im afraid I will be no fun tonight so I am staying home. Sorry guys hope you find enough space cadets.
Paul
paulguy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 77
Timing may be tight (I could easily make it for 7-7:30pm, I am working on getting there at 6:30), but it's looking like I can make it tonight. I will take a spot in space cadets if I can.

I'll update this around 6pm, which will be the cut off time for whether I get there on time.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,002
I read the rules for the sensors station I was operating in Space Cadets last night and it appears I was doing a couple things wrong. And the end of the round I was removing the locks on the ships. I assumed I had to get them every turn and is the reason I never gained a super lock. Its only the super lock that go away and at that they simply turn into regular locks.

Also whenever the ship goes through asteroids or Nebula the dice roll could actually help us lose locks that enemies have on us. I think we simply checked for damage.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,235
I still can't quite believe I played a game for 2.5 hours and the only thing I did was flip over about 10 pairs of tiles.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,003
yes but more importantly you were captain and in control of flipping the timer, which appeared to be more difficult to mange than memorizing tiles (hehe)
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,236
Yeah, staring at sand falling for 30 second intervals without getting distracted doesn't appear to be one of my strengths.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 227
I also messed up some of Jump Drive abilities. An energy token can be used to reroll any number of dice, not all or none. There's a card that also allows rerolls and it works the same way, any of the 5 dice.

Yea Jenna, the Captain/Tractor Beam station was pretty sad. They may have paired those 2 up so you could spend all of your time focusing on what you memorized? I'd never want to play that station. Had I known I would have taken those stations, but, with how many times I had to look up rules, I'm pretty sure I would have forgotten every tile!