addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › March 13th Games

March 13th Games

Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 231
Can I interest anyone in a 1-1 axis and allies game on http://gamesbyemail.c...­

I'll give it a try. What version of A&A do they use?
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 40
Not sure. It's a clone, so there may be some other rules subtleties, though. I haven't actually played a game of it yet. Message me your email?
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 233
Not sure. It's a clone, so there may be some other rules subtleties, though. I haven't actually played a game of it yet. Message me your email?

Interesting A&A game. The rule set is at least 20 years old and brings back memories from the 80s! I'm used to moving over multiple territories to get anywhere on the map.

It took a while to figure out how to control my units but I'm good to go now!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 41
This is the only rules set I've played with. It's a bit different now? In any case, the email I used for this is blocking the updates, so I had to restart the same with a different email. My naval combat went much worse for me this time :/
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 236
Bleh! Your sea units may not have done as well but all of your land units certainly did, both on your turn and mine. Wow those turn 1 rolls were crazy. Can I have a mulligan now??

The map we're playing on hasn't been seen in 20+ years.

This is the latest "regular" A&A map:

This is the 1940 Global 2e map we've been playing lately:

Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 237
As expected, my employer blocks the site so I'll only be able to take turns from home. I'm not even going to try it on my smartphone!
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 42
Looks like you're taking moves around 9pm, so I'll try to sneak on in around 9:30 to keep things moving. Though the way I'm muddling things up, it shouldn't take too long. :)
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 241
9pm is about right for Mon-Thurs. Unfortunately I cannot access the site during the day and most of the Mon-Thurs time I get home no earlier than 6pm, usually around 7ish. Fri-Sun my times will be all over.

The game is fun, I forgot how quick and abbreviated the original A&A was. The latest version, except for 1941, are monsters with lots of different units, many more territories and sea zones, and stacks of pieces.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,173
I forgot how quick and abbreviated the original A&A was.

You and I have VERY different definitions of "quick and abbreviated", Paul....
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 242
I forgot how quick and abbreviated the original A&A was.

You and I have VERY different definitions of "quick and abbreviated", Paul....

It's all relative!!
In the last few months my basement gaming group has been playing Axis and Allies Global 1940 2e. The plays have been averaging out to about 9 hours. Thus, a ~2 hour game of Axis & Allies original is "quick and abbreviated"!!

Doug, I have you etched in for our next Global session. Bring your lunch (and dinner)!!! If you're nice we'll allow you to play France!! devilish