The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Top 5 most recent best played games

Top 5 most recent best played games

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,026
Of all the games I've played over the past year, here is a list of my top 5 favorite and most memorable games that I recommend everyone try at least once. If you enjoy Euro style gaming chances are good you'll find something here worthwhile. I'm listing them from the newest to the oldest in order of when they were played. I'll add to this list in the future if I feel something else needs to be bumped. Feel free to add your favorites to this list.

Bora Bora
Suburbia
Tzolk'in
Drum Roll
Eclipse
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 264
Good topic Rodney. In no particular order, here are the games I've enjoyed most over the past year, many of them recently played for the first time:

• Seasons [1 play but and looking for more]
  • Alien Frontier [another 1 play but seems like it will have good variety]
  • Santa Cruz [1 play, wanting more. lots of variety]
  • Axis & Allies Global / Axis & Allies 1942 [finally, after 30 years the game is balanced and the rules are great]
  • Stone Age [what Lords of Waterdeep should have been more like]

I don't recommend everyone try Axis & Allies global. I can only suggest this to those not minding a ~10 hour game with a lot of down time. It's great, but it's definitely only for a subset of players that already like A&A games. I just wish it didn't take ~10 hours.
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 49
The top 5 I've enjoyed most since joining the group are:

Seasons
Tzolk'in
Biblios
Love Letter
Witch's Brew
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,587
I'll update later when I have a few minutes, but the one that popped into my head was:

Zombieland, err Zombicide
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 207
A couple of these I've played only once so take the recommendation with a grain of salt..

Clash of Cultures is the one of the best Civ games I've played. I would like to play more of this one.

The Great Zimbabwe is a real intriguing design with a bunch of novel mechanics that make a great abstract strategy experience.

Rapa Nui is one of the better fillers I've played (Rodney you should bring this with you more often)

Suburbia lived up to the hype for me, very easy to get into but a lot going on. There's a lot of game packed into a 90 minute experience.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 505
I too thought Suburbia was a great game. I enjoyed that one at BACSIM. I also enjoyed City of Horror. In City of Horror I ran the following characters, The Granny, The Blonde, The Housewife. I really enjoyed both games.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 210
Shut Up & Sit Down's latest review (link)was Archipelago which I almost added to my list up there. They got me pretty excited for this one again and I'd love to give it another go. It's such an odd game.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 793
Shut Up & Sit Down's latest review (link)was Archipelago which I almost added to my list up there. They got me pretty excited for this one again and I'd love to give it another go. It's such an odd game.

Have you read this review? Vasel and Shut Up focus on the turn-to-turn gameplay, but this McJunkin fellow seems to think the point of the game is something else entirely. smile

http://opinionatedgam...­