The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › April 17th Games

April 17th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,183
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Police Precinct - Rodney - 3 seats open - (Rodney, Joe, Don)
Age of Industry - JP - 2 seats open - (JP, Andrew L, Paul)
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 129
Anyone interested in Age of Industry, the Brass re-dux?
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 208
So now that racing is over, would this be the first in a Martin Wallace series? Sign me up for that one.
Johnpatrick
user 7540224
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 130
Haha yes. The hard part would be picking just six games!
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 790
So now that racing is over, would this be the first in a Martin Wallace series? Sign me up for that one.

LOLZ

Four people commit. We chip in enough money to pre-order one copy of Moongha Invaders. Each of us picks a Wallace. Points are awarded in the simplest way I can think of; 1st=4pts, 2nd=3rd, etc. Tally the points after the four games; winner gets Moongha. The consolation prize is that when it comes in, the winner has to teach it to the 2-through-4 finishers. smile

Obvi, we could do this with 5-players, but that would eliminate any games that top out at 4. Namely Brass, but that game sucks anyway.

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,029
I finished reading the rules to Police Precinct and I can run that if anyone is interested. It's a co-op game that plays up to six players and sounds very thematic. In fact it may be the most thematic game I own.

Players take on the roles of Police officers investigating a murder, searching for evidence all while trying to deal with the day to day issues of controlling chaos within the city like street punks, gangs, and general emergency's. The players win as a team if they are able to gather all the evidence and arrest the murderer before he escapes the city. From what I've heard this game really shines when playing the "dirty cop" variant where one or more of us is a traitor trying to hinder the others from completing their goals. Although this variant isn't recommended for first time players it sounds interesting nonetheless.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 740
I am in.

LOLZ

Four people commit. We chip in enough money to pre-order one copy of Moongha Invaders. Each of us picks a Wallace. Points are awarded in the simplest way I can think of; 1st=4pts, 2nd=3rd, etc. Tally the points after the four games; winner gets Moongha. The consolation prize is that when it comes in, the winner has to teach it to the 2-through-4 finishers. smile

Obvi, we could do this with 5-players, but that would eliminate any games that top out at 4. Namely Brass, but that game sucks anyway.

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,589
I finished reading the rules to Police Precinct and I can run that if anyone is interested. It's a co-op game that plays up to six players and sounds very thematic. In fact it may be the most thematic game I own.

Players take on the roles of Police officers investigating a murder, searching for evidence all while trying to deal with the day to day issues of controlling chaos within the city like street punks, gangs, and general emergency's. The players win as a team if they are able to gather all the evidence and arrest the murderer before he escapes the city. From what I've heard this game really shines when playing the "dirty cop" variant where one or more of us is a traitor trying to hinder the others from completing their goals. Although this variant isn't recommended for first time players it sounds interesting nonetheless.

As long as I can bring sunglasses and deliver a CIS one liner every time I discover a new homicide.
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh!!!

http://www.youtube.co...­
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,803
Police Precinct please, thanks.

Time to go after those pistol packing punks.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 209
Age of Industry please