addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › UBCon 2013 thread and info

UBCon 2013 thread and info

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,184
Obligatory UB Con thread.

I've gone over the event list, and below are the events that I believe might interest people in our group. In addition to these events, they do have an open gaming area that does not cost anything to play (at least I have never payed to play in the open gaming area).

All Weekend Long (no set time):
Giant Settlers of Catan - I've seen this. Its kind of cool.
Star Trek Catan - I'm guessing this is somebodies homebrew game
Santa's Toy Box/Steve Jackson Games - I believe these are just game libraries you can borrow from

Friday:
6-10pm Arkham Horror + 3 expansions
7-11pm Axis and Allies Minis

Saturday:
10am-4 Axis and Allies Minis
11am-4 Elder Sign
11am-5 Amputheater: Splatter Royale
3-6pm Kaijudo
5-8pm Game of Thrones
8-midnight Cards Against Humanity

Sunday:
nothing

In addition, on Sunday from noon-1, Ashly Burch will be on a panel. I know there are some video gamers in the group, and if you don't know her by that name, you might know her by the name Tiny Tina. Just tossing that out there in case anyone is interested.

Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 475
This is the coming weekend, right (19th-21st?)

Star Trek: Catan is a real thing, and I have some recollection that it's exclusively sold at Target.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,185
Andy is correct. I guess it is a real thing. (I'm not a fan of Catan or Star Trek, TBH)

Yeah, UBCon is this weekend, Andy. I'll be going on Saturday and I know Mark is meeting me there. If you feel like coming out, we'll be in the open gaming area or the Dealer room most likely. If the weather is nice I like to watch Isaac fight, but thats not looking all that promising this year.
Paul
user 9349172
East Aurora, NY
Post #: 268
Doug, as planned, I'll meet you at the Axis and Allies Minis events!!!!!!!!
tongue
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 791
Doug, as planned, I'll meet you at the Axis and Allies Minis events!!!!!!!!
tongue

I've been looking at Angels 20. I might have to swing by that.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,187
I plan on getting to the student union around noon, then sticking around for the afternoon to play games in the open gaming area. I'll pack a couple games to bring along, but if Dallas is there again with his collection, it probably wont be necessary.
Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 741
There will be fighting, but I won't be in it this year. Going out of town Saturday. I will be around tonight about 630 on, and maybe Sunday.
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 52
I may go tonight. Do I need to do things in advance, like buy tickets?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,188
Nope. You'll only need to buy tickets if you plan on playing in a scheduled event.
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 792
I'm nursing a cold, so I don't think I'll be gaming tomorrow. I AM going to try to drag myself up there to check out the dealer room. The latest Netrunner booster is sold out at the usual online outlets and I'm hoping to get lucky. smile