The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Spiel Des Jahres nominees?

Spiel Des Jahres nominees?

Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,812
Is Hanabi the "hold your cards backwards" game? That was fun.

I feel like I'm losing all Geek cred. I don't know anything about any of the nominations.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,219
I feel like I'm losing all Geek cred. I don't know anything about any of the nominations.

Join the club, Joe. But in my case it started happening to me years ago....
Andy
user 7490358
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 489
Is Hanabi the "hold your cards backwards" game? That was fun.

Yep, Hanabi is the firework building game where you can see everyone elses' cards, but not your own.

I don't think Augustus even had rules out until March, and isn't expected to hit the US in regular distribution until August (too bad they didn't call it Mayus...). I didn't know it existed until Saturday.

I don't know that I've ever heard of Qwixx.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,256
Qwixx is a quick little dice game where you have a row for each of 4 colors, with 2-12 for 2 colors and 12-2 for the other two. Whoever's turn it is rolls all 4 colored die plus white dice. Everybody can use the white dice to mark off one of their numbers, and the person on turn also has to use one of the white dice in combination with one of the colored die. Once you mark a number off you can never mark off one to the left of it. You get points for how many numbers you can mark off in each row.