The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Bad news regarding D'Youville

Bad news regarding D'Youville

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,610
Looks like D'Youville is cracking down us freeloaders. April wrote me today to inform me that D'Youville is going to start charging non-affiliated groups for using their space. Can't say that I blame them, it is their space. Anyway, it looks like we'll be 100% at UB from here on out unless we can find an alternate venue. I'm open for suggestions in case anyone knows of a space we can use. I'd like to say thank you to April for requesting the space for us for such a long time, even when she was unable to attend regularly. Thanks April.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,059
Are we still at D'Youville tomorrow?
A former member
Post #: 52
So, what's the status for tonight? I might be able to swing D'Youville but UB isn't going to work for me tonight.

K
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,611
We're at D'Youville tonight still. Last night.

crying
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,042
How much are they charging?
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 509
Grant,

When I checked with UB about renting a room for gaming in the student union the price was $375.00 for 15 meetings at four hours per meeting, this was back in May 2011, and this price reflected a 50% discount for it being rented by a UB staff person, if that is even an option these days.

If SARPA was willing to sponsor either BACSIM or Wednesday night group then a class room could be reserved on the spine free of charge, but what do you do about tables.
Andrew L
user 23699931
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 228
Just throwing out there that while nothing beats free I think I'd personally pay upwards of $50 a year for a secured, semi/private, table & chair accommodated room. However I honestly don't think there's a room at UB that meets that criteria and I'm not even sure Madonna Lounge is what I'd like. Also at those rates Joel mentioned that would mean about 30 more people with the same mindset.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 926
This makes me sad. I agree with Andrew in being willing to pony up some bucks for a suitable space. Would also be curious how much they want.

Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,060
If the cost is reasonable I'd be willing to foot the bill for another year.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,613
I'll find out from April.