addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Bad news regarding D'Youville

Bad news regarding D'Youville

Isaac
IsaacScharp
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 743
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,815
http://thefoundrybuff...­
If you check out their facebook page, one of the vendors did make a game cart that they placed on the waterfront near Clinton's Dish. It's full of board games that the public can borrow.
A former member
Post #: 274
Hello from Portland,

Just throwing this out to try to help the group that got me started. Here in Portland there are tons of gaming groups on meetup, it's split between meeting at games stores (there are close to a dozen nice stores here, several as nice as Millennium) and just out in the open at pubs, like it used to be at the coffee shop. I know there aren't many(any) game stores in Buffalo, but there are plenty of pubs. Nice things about the pubs are that they are open late, and there is food and drink available.

Oddly I haven't come across any groups here that meet at a collage or university, even though 2 or 3 have campuses in town.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,627
Nice to hear from you Ben. Glad things are active out there in Portland. I'll look into the pub thing. It think toughest part about a pub is the table situation. You do need some decent size tables for a lot of the stuff we play.
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,062
For what it's worth, we have been playing at Sterling Place Tavern on Tuesday nights (on and off) for a couple of years now.
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 82
Yeah, but it is quite dark at the Sterling
Grant L.
ladue
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,063
Well, ya gotta have them turn up the lights, yes.
Jeff
jatill
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 68
Collector's Inn on delaware is having their first open board gaming session this Thursday. If UB doesn't work out once the semester starts, or you wanted to alternate locations, I think Collector's would be a good spot. I could talk to the owner if there was interest.