The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › July 24th Games

July 24th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,264
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

Slot 1
Trading in the Mediterranean - Ryan - 2 seats open - (Ryan, Paul, AndrewL, Rodney)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,265
Hopefully this meetup wont implode like the last one. wink
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,266
Joel, any interest in learning how to play Star Wars?

We have cookies!

Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 530
Doug, that would be great. Thank you! I can also just sit in watch if Mark or Don is looking for a game next Wednesday.
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 938
I would like to get another playtest session for my game. I will have the new leaner and hopefully best version yet of the game.

Trading in the Mediterranean
4-6 players
2 hours

If you have played a prior version or are new to the game I would love to have your opinion on this new version. Its a civ-lite themed trading/negotiation game.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,099
Ryan, do you have the rules avaliable for this new version?
Ryan
Twonky
Lancaster, NY
Post #: 939
unfortunately not yet Rodney. I am still trying to finish up the prototype. The rules are now just basically an addendum doc to the old rules. I hope to rewrite the ruleset also before wednesday if I have time.

Here is the basic concept of the new version which might make sense if you were familiar with any of the old versions;

General Concept: Buildings give people, people facilitate developments. What if buildings were developments? Eliminate the middle man. Goods instead of providing money give straight up victory points. Progress on tracks will allow players to build up to 1 religious and 1 govt development each turn. Developments will increase players ability to get more cards (and thus more VPs) as well as facilitating progress down tracks and providing VPs themselves. The further a player is down the track the more and better developments the player will have to choose from.

Equipment Changes: Player Board is gone. Population Cubes are gone. Development Deck is gone. Money (Poker Chips) are no longer used. Player building sets are removed and replaced by Govt. Development and Religious development decks in several decks. Players start game with 6 minicards/ cardboard tokens. One of each basic good type (Grain Farmers, Sheep Farmers, Salt Miners, Ore Miners, Wood Cutters) and Warehouse.
Mark A.
Verdelak
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 409
Yeah, fortunately for me, Rodney was there to run some two player games or I might have been turning around and heading home.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 328
Yeah, fortunately for me, Rodney was there to run some two player games or I might have been turning around and heading home.
We had room for 1 more in City of Remnants. I'd like to try it again but with 4 players.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 329
Trading in the Med, please