The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Officially scheduled for UB

Officially scheduled for UB

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,356
It's only about half the building and it's filled with smaller offices. It's the SE corner of the building.
If I stand in the food court and cry, will someone come get me?
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 573
yes, Don or I can find you, but why would you get lost, if you know where the Flag Room is in the Student Union, just go up one more flight.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,718
Just a bit of warning. UB is fairly notorious for "double booking" things. It won't happen all the time, but it will happen.

Do the rooms actually have usable tables?
My requirements were large tables and chairs. Like I said, I'm not sure if all these rooms will work out, but may as well take a look. If it doesn't look good we can go back to Baldy and visit our good buddy Lance.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 574
I just checked 306 Student Union, and Buffalo Board games Meetup is on the schedule posted outside the room.

If you enter the main doors of the Student Union, on the ground floor closest to Furnas Lot, proceed straight back, you will see the elevator, take elevator or the stairs to the right up to the third floor make a right as you exit the elevator or stairwell, proceed down that hallway the last door or your right is the 306 conference room.

If you enter the Union through the door directly behind Baldy, the door closest to the Flag Room, as soon as you enter look to your right, you should see the elevator and stairwell, go up to the third floor, turn right and go to end of the hallway and 306 will be on the right.

If you enter Baldy from the front side, your normal entry point because you have no idea where Furnas Lot is, take the elevator to the second floor, as you exit the elevator, turn left you will be facing Lockwood Library, continue along that hallway, you will see a hallway that veers off to the left just before the blue doors that say Clemens Hall, follow that hallway to the left, you will go over a walkway and you will enter the Student Union on the third floor, take the ramp or stairs, turn right and follow that hallway to the end and 306 is the last room on the right.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,725
So what did everyone think of 306? Good? Bad? I know disassembling the table is not ideal, that was my impression. Otherwise I think the space was decent.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,359
I thought the room was fine. It was nice to be in a room where we could shut the door. I agree the table wasn't ideal, be we made do. And now that Joel showed me the camouflaged stairwell, I don't have to feel like a tool taking an elevator up one story!

Tho the best part of the night were my "directions" to the bathroom and Jeff's "easy" directions to get places.
Paul
user 9349172
Depew, NY
Post #: 408
306 was great and 202(?) is even better! I think we found our new home(s). Thanks everyone.

DomoJeff needs to print out complete and precise directions, with a map, to the bathroom! And we may need a guide...
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,306
Except for my inability to navigate to and from the student union, I liked having our own space with a door. Much better than a hallway, thanks for doing the work Don!
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,726
No problem. I'm glad we have access to some closed spaces as well.
A former member
Post #: 55
Just a bit of warning. UB is fairly notorious for "double booking" things. It won't happen all the time, but it will happen.

I'm pretty good with a staff if that happens. biggrin