addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › January 29th Games

January 29th Games

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,388
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

This meetup will be held in room 317 in the Student Union

Slot 1
Legacy: The Testament of Duke de Crecy - Doug - Filled - (Doug, Jenna, Scott, Jeff)
Glass Road - Rodney - Filled - (Rodney, Pete, Shelia, Joe)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,389
I'll offer up Legacy with a spot reserved for Jenna. Its a worker placement game where you build a family tree across 3 generations with the goal of becoming as influential as possible thru arranged marriages and obtaining titles, business ventures, buying mansions, etc.

The caveat here is the game takes up a fair amount of table space (after all, each player is building a family tree using cards), so depending on what the table situation is in this new room, we may have to play something else. I'll bring along a couple other 4-player options just in case.
A former member
Post #: 74
Someone here I think has Dark, Darker, Darkest, and I've been itching to try that out if it is possible.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,217
yeah I own it but don't think I'll have time to get through the rules before Wednesday. Others have mentioned interest in Glass Roads and Amerigo which I'm considering running as I've already read the rules to those games.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,218
I assume we're going to need at least one other game so I'll officially go ahead and offer up either Glass Road or Amerigo or both if there is enough interest. Both games play up to 4 players and should take somewhere between 60-90 min. to play.
Pete
user 71763682
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 31
My vote is for Glass Road. I can actually make it this week :)
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 398
My vote is for glass road
A former member
Post #: 77
Sheila, I found the original insert for Descent. It's typical FFG useless, but I'll bring it to the meetup if you want it.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 399
Lol... Thx Scott!
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,391
Pretty sure I pitched mine also. Fantasy Flight makes some really great games....and really terrible box inserts.......