addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › February 5th Games

February 5th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,752
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

This meetup will be held in room 250 in the Student Union

Slot 1
Amerigo - Rodney - Filled - (Rodney, Jeff, Pete, Andy)
CV - Jenna - Filled - (Jenna, Don, Paul, Joel)
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,395
I have a couple new games I'd like to get to the table. I'm going to try and make it to BACSIM this Saturday, so depending on what I get played there, I'll offer up something for this week -- assuming my entire automation network isn't taken out by shoddy wiring and cold weather again, that is....
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,220
I might be able to make it out to BACSIM tomorrow for a game at noon. I didn't get Amerigo to the table last week and I'm still interested in trying that.

Doug I'm interested in trying Steam Park or Tokaido with the new expansion. Have you had a chance to play Via Appia yet? I could bring that as well.

Or if none of those get played at BACSIM I could offer one of those previously mentioned games for Wednesday if there is any interest.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,396
I have not played Via Appia yet. I punched Steam Park last night and assembled it. Took me over an hour, but the components look incredible. I'm super excited to give it a try. Dunno if I'll have time to get to Crossroads, but if I do, I'll definitely bring that also.
Shelia
user 2496019
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 401
I will most likely be extended at work until 6pm... I am hoping to leave intime for the meetup, but since I really cant tell for sure I am not going to sign up this week, but I will RSVP yes..... If I do come I will bring some games or jump into whatever is open, but if I am not there ontime or at all, it wont mess anything up. =) Hope I get to come this week! I wanted to bring Descent and run one scenario, I will be trying out a campaign soon and wanted to give it a try before then.... =(
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,221
I'd like to offer up Stefan Felds Amerigo 2-4 players 90 min. On paper this game sounds really cool. It uses the same cube tower as Shogun. Each round color cubes are dropped into the tower. What makes this game unique is that the colors of the cubes that come out determine what particular actions can be taken that turn. The number of cubes that come out of a particular color also determine how many action points can be spent that turn.

I'm hoping it plays as well and as interesting as the instructions make it sound.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,397
I'm going to have to remain a maybe for this week. If I do make it I'll bring something to play. I got to play Steam Park at BACSIM, and I really liked it. Still have a bunch more stuff I want to get to the table.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,753
I've heard good things about Steam Park and would like to give that a try.
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 579
I went looking for 250 Student Union, and it took me a bit to find it. For those of you familiar with the Student Union it on side closet to Putnam's/Pistachio's on the second floor.

If you come in through the main doors at the ground level, take the set of stairs to the right up to the second floor, and 250 is straight ahead.

If you enter near the Flag room either cut through the Flag Room or follow the walk and make the first left and continue straight back.
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 96
Amerigo, please.