addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › Sentinels of the Multiverse (mini) Campaign *Finished*

Sentinels of the Multiverse (mini) Campaign *Finished*

Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,409
Results of the first battle are posted in the original thread. I learned a LOT playing 4 heroes solo. Its a bit confusing and overwhelming, with tons of bookkeeping, but you really get an appreciation of just how different each hero plays. My concerns about the battle being too difficult were unfounded. While the battle was not easy by any means, I do feel that it is certainly beatable (especially if played correctly).
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,414
Results of the first multi-player battle in. After some quick discussion with the players, it appears that I am being a little too...verbose in my posts here in this thread and it would be appreciated if I could be more concise - less rambling, more info. I shall endeavor to do so from here on out!

Results of the multi-player battle
Legacy (Jenna), Ra (Mark), Expatriette (Don), and Absolute Zero (myself) rose to the challenge and took on Akash'Bhuta. After a long, hard-fought battle the Heroes triumphed but only just barely. Legacy, Expatriette, and Absolute Zero were all incapacitated during the conflict. Ra limped away with 2HP left, so he will be the only hero that is allowed to continue the campaign. All heroes fought the good fight except Expatriette. Don somehow managed to shuffle all her guns to the bottom of her deck so her impact on the battle was....limited.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,771
Ok I've read the wall and I've come up with a TL:DR for Jenna and Mark.

TL:DR - Berserk 100 foot robot named Omnitron at the Mars base. Assemble squad, get your asses to Mars, and shut it down. Osh Kosh Jabootay might troll you on the way so look out for lighting bolts as your flying by her realm.

Also Osh Kosh was apparently our "warm up bout" and we all suck, not just Expatriette, but I accept that I was the boat anchor for round one.
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,335
Well now that I'm invested I read it tongue
Jenna
user 2324423
Grand Island, NY
Post #: 1,336
So since Legacy has to forego the off world mission to heal crying, I started trying to figure out who else to play when I ran across this article:

My 5 fave heroes

and found their choices very surprising. After reading the summary of his abilities and looking through his cards again, I think I might actually give Bunker a go.

And Doug, it wasn't the verbosity, it was the density of the paragraphs that made it tl;dr for me at first. Internet paragraphs should always be broken up into small or medium chunks, even if it's grammatically wrong biggrin
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,415
So since Legacy has to forego the off world mission to heal crying

And Doug, it wasn't the verbosity, it was the density of the paragraphs that made it tl;dr for me at first. Internet paragraphs should always be broken up into small or medium chunks, even if it's grammatically wrong biggrin
Jenna,

I hate to inform you, but

Legacy is not out just

for the next mission, but the entire

campaign.

crying
Joel
cuthbert15
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 589
Doug,

Does this mean just RA and the side kicks fight the next battle?
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,416
At this point the players have to chose what 6 heroes they want to continue the rest of the campaign with. for the next 4 battles they will only be able to chose from among those 6 because the rest of the heroes are stuck on a slow boat in space. However, because Legacy, Expatriette, and Absolute Zero are beat up and stuck on Insula Primalis for the meantime, they cannot be chosen to be one of the team of six.
Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,773
Well Ra is obviously coming along. From that article Haka sounds like he might be a good fit for the less experienced players (like me). I'll have to do a little more research to find out more about the other characters.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,417
I'll let you three decide who should be on the team. I can play whomever. IMHO, Legacy is the only real loss we suffered. Expatriette is OK, but there are plenty of other damage dealers. Absolute Zero can do some killer damage (as we witnessed), but only if he can get certain card combos going. Hell, for the 1st half of the game I just drew cards. Against a villain or environment that destroys equipment, he'd be damn near useless.