addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Buffalo Boardgames Meetup Group Message Board › May 14th Games

May 14th Games

Don
dbc00p
Group Organizer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1,828
This thread is for members to post what games they want to run next week and players looking to join those games. Monday at 7pm we'll post the game list for the week and that's when players should sign up. Late games may be added so you may want to check back before Wednesday.

This meetup will be held in room 220 of the Student Union

Slot 1
Lewis and Clark - Rodney - 1 seats open - (Rodney, Joe, Jeff, Midge)
Second Game - TBD
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,271
I'm hoping to have read the Lewis and Clark instructions by this weekend. If so I'll offer it up on Wednesday.
Rodney
Candyman
Elma, NY
Post #: 2,272
I'll go ahead an offer up Lewis & Clark for slot one. 2-5 players 30 min per player. However I'm going to limit the game to just 4 players as the 5 player game is only recommended for experienced gamers.

Lewis & Clark features dual use cards. To be activated, one card must be combined with another one, which becomes unavailable for a while. Thus, players are faced with a constant dilemma: play a card or sacrifice it. During the game, each player acquires character cards that enlarge his hand, building a crew that gives him more options but it needs to be optimized as he will recycle his cards more slowly.

I've heard a lot of positive things about this game. It sounds interesting after reading the rules, and the artwork and components are solid as well. I hope it plays as well as it looks.
Doug
SuburbnBubbleBoy
East Amherst, NY
Post #: 3,478
Rodney, I would love to play L&C at a BACSIM or something. I'm very intrigued by the game, but it will run far too long for me to play on a Wednesday night.

I'm going to assume Sentinels Go! unless otherwise stated. Jenna is reaching critical mass!
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,891
Lewis and Clark please, thanks.
Jeff
user 26500762
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 106
Lewis and Clark, please.
Joe
GoSabres
Eden, NY
Post #: 1,892
Off topic but the name of the game with the marbles that would fall through the holes that we were talking about last week is Stay Alive. (It suddenly popped into my head while watching the hockey game. smile)
Midge
Midge-TW
Tonawanda, NY
Post #: 137
Lewis and Clark, please
Mike S.
camel_gamer
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 879
Off topic but the name of the game with the marbles that would fall through the holes that we were talking about last week is Stay Alive. (It suddenly popped into my head while watching the hockey game. smile)
Not Ker-plunk?
A former member
Post #: 95
Sounds like Ker-plunk to me as well: http://boardgamegeek....­

Old People test: Who remembers Vincent Price selling Stay Alive? http://youtu.be/11Eh3...­