East London & Essex Book and Socials Club Message Board › New Meetup: Christmas Meal at Nuovo Italian Restaurant

New Meetup: Christmas Meal at Nuovo Italian Restaurant

Sheila C
user 6339637
Group Organizer
London, GB
Announcing a new Meetup for London East, Books and Social Club!

What: Christmas Meal at Nuovo Italian Restaurant

When: Monday, December 13, 2010 8:00 PM

Price: GBP26.00 per person

Where: Nuovo
88 - 90 High Road South Woodford
London E18 2NA
(020) 8532 2828

This will follow on from a shortened book club discussion about Ian McEwan's the Cement Garden - which will be at The Slug and Lettuce as usual. Nuovo is just around the corner - 4-5 minutes walk away, next to Waitrose.

For the menu - click here. - it looks really good - lots of variety for a Christmas restaurant menu.

For those of you I showed the menu to last Monday the dinner is £25 - it still is - but Paypal, the online payment system charges a transaction fee of £1.05 per £26, leaving me with 24.95 to pay the restaurant with.

On top of this there is a discretionary 10% service charge (10% of £25) at the restaurant when we leave. Note the menu doesn't include drinks. So I think, if you choose to pay the service charge you're looking at £30ish for the night all told. I think it's best to know up front about the money.

I have booked a table for 10 in the first instance. If that's filled, I will ask for a bigger table. Please RSVP within 1 week, paying in full or I cannot hold on to all the booked seats. If we exceed 10 people you will be able to put yourself on the waiting list. If I get the extra places from the restaurant and you are are on the waiting list you will be moved up into the extra places. If we are indecisive and leave it too long I may not be able to get further places - it is already full on all Saturdays and Fridays through December. I have to pay the restaurant, in full by 21 days before the date i.e. 22nd November. Thus I cannot take bookings and payments from you after 21st November.

I am asking you to put in your menu choices when you RSVP - so best to look at the menu and choose before you start the RSVP - it is possible to choose after that, just easier to do when you RSVP. Here's the menu again: click here.

Hope to see you there for a lovely Christmas dinner out!

RSVP to this Meetup:
http://www.meetup.com...­