Join us for discussions on an eclectic mix of fiction and non-fiction books. We meet once a month - usually the evening of the third Thursday - at a member's home mid-Peninsula.
The book for each month is chosen by a mixture of voting and consensus. Our discussions include both the book itself and the issues it raises. They are lively, informal, and respectful of everyone's view.
Here are some books that we recently read:
- "Brave New World" by Aldous Huxley
- "The Haunting of Hill House" by Shirley Jackson
- "Archy and Mehitabel" by Don Marquis
- "Tale of Despereaux" by Kate DiCamillo
- "Whatever it Takes" by Paul Tough
- "House of Mirth" by Edith Wharton
We are an enthusiastic bunch of women who love books and we look forward to meeting you!
New members must be approved by the Organizer
Content of this Meetup Group is only visible to members
Thursday, September 24, 2015 7:00 PM
I started the group because there wasn't any other type of group like this. I've met some great folks in the group who have become close friends and have also met some amazing business owners.
— Bill, started New York City Gay Craft Beer Lovers