The Great Escape Book Club Message Board › For the Saturday Morning Book Club Ladies

For the Saturday Morning Book Club Ladies

A former member
Greetings, Ladies! 

I'm finally up and around after my bout with the flu that kept me away from last Saturday's discussion.  I hope it went well and you had a good meet-up.  Missing last week prevented me from announcing in person what I now will say via this e-mail:  my schedule is such that I must drop out as Assistant Organizer.  I'm not even sure I will be able to read any of the books, although they are all good ones.  I may be able to stop by on an occasional 1st Saturday to say hello and listen in, but that will have to be the extent of my involvement for the foreseeable future.  Fran may be able to pick up the total slack, but as her gallery gets busy, her time may prevent her from attending as well. 

You have all the books we're reading through May, so please just keep reading and showing up and having discussions.  Meanwhile, if there is one or more of you who are interested in helping Fran send out announcements, please step up and identify yourself.  It's a matter of going on line, signing into the Great Escape url, typing your message & hitting "send".  If you have a little more time, you can help coordinate choosing the books and copying the descriptions to send to the members. 

At any rate, help may be needed to keep the Saturday section of the Great Escape Book Club going beyond May.  We hope someone will self identify.  Meawhile, keep on reading and hopefully, I'll see you all periodically.

Carol Young