addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Great Escape Book Club Message Board › January Calendar - New Books

January Calendar - New Books

A former member
Hello everyone! Since we're down to only three books this year, I think it's time for everyone to start thinking about what they would like to read going forward. I found this list that might be helpful. I came upon a list of the 32 most popular book club books, of which we have read many. Unfortunately I can't attach it. I will list the books we have NOT read as a group and save everybody some time. They are as follows:
The Paris Wife (Paula McClain)
Their Eyes Were Watching God (Zora Neale Hurston)
Unbroken (Laura Hillenbrand)
Little Bee (Chris Cleave)
Major Pettigrew's Last Stand (Helen Simonson)
The Curious Incident of The Dog in The Night Time (Mark Haddon)
Middlesex (Jeffrey Eugenides)
ROOM (Emma Donoghue)
She's Come Undone (Wally Lamb)
History of Love (Nicole Krauss)
The Tiger's Wife (Tea Obrecht)
The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry (Rachel Joyce)
Life of Pi (Yann Martel)
Visit From the Good Squad (Jennifer Egan)
The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (Junot Diaz)
Of course we don't have to choose from this list. I just want to get you all thinking about what you want to read for the first half of next year. Start making lists and we'll do our usual vote. We'll need to get things solidified by our November meeting so we can prepare our reading list.
I hope everyone is having a great month!!!!