Scottsdale Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › Brief Newsletter for December 18, 2012

Brief Newsletter for December 18, 2012

stephany
AZStephany
Group Organizer
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 544
Don't be scared-- it's just me. I know you might not remember my musings -- or maybe you weren't even born yet... but I wanted to say hello... and to let you know I've fiddled with the bookclub reading list, just a little bit.

Reasons:
1) Because it felt right
2) Because I changed my mind
3) Because I've lost my mind
4) Because the book is not out in paperback yet
5) Because it just wasn't the right "time" for me. Ya' know?

Your recourse:
1) Complain
2) Moan
3) Whine
4) The obvious word I'm not using
5) Be Super Understanding and gracious
6) Ask me to reschedule the book (I took two out that I thought may have less discussion potential-- Citrus County and Look at Me) for a discussion at a later time.
7) Host your own discussion of the book-- I'll be happy to schedule it for you on the BookClub Upcoming Events
8) Shrug with relative apathy
9) Become hostile, angry, rabid.
10) Run in the street naked holding as many paperbacks as possible screaming, "Fill my chasm!"
11) Cry. quiet tears. or loud tears. You pick
11) Write a Haiku
11) The obvious all or none of the above, depending on the multiples of your personality.

ALSO
Don't forget the awesome Festivus celebration we have coming up and the great opportunity to shed old pounds of books in exchange for new pounds of books. Perhaps a nightcap afterwards may be in order?

So--- Ta for now.
Keep in touch, bookclub style...

Your insane leader,

Stephany
HENRY G.
user 8460926
Scottsdale, AZ
Post #: 6
What changed. I only looked as far at the "Razor's Edge" which I ordered but am not sure I will have fully read by the time of the meeting? oh, oh - the National Football championship game is on January 7th - Notre Dame vs. Alabama. That might have to take precedence if it is at night!
Margie
mirage1210
Peoria, AZ
Post #: 219
I resemble this:
...screaming "Fill my [book] chasm!"
But I'm fully dressed.