TC Non-fiction 40+ Book Club Meetup Group Message Board › Meetup Location

Meetup Location

Cid
cidr54
Group Organizer
Saint Paul, MN
Announcing a decision - the location going forward will be Good Day Café. The exception is the Dec which will remain a holiday type gathering at my home.

Here are my reasons:
Wilde Roast negatives
• Parking - not free, not close
• The setup of our table has become increasing problematic when I call and request on the day of.
• The location they have been putting us in is noisier and less conducive (long table) to discussion than Good Day.
Overall
• There have been problems with switching, folks not being clear where it is held.
• It is easier for me to have one location 

For anyone this decision means they can't attend,  my apologies.  The two location tactic was an experiment and have vascilated since starting it when Wilde Roast moved.  Vascilation - over. 

Anita said she would search for a new spot. Thanks!!  It is not a priority, but if we can find better - great!   The guidelines are  1)relatively central  2)no additional cost for a discussion area   3)full menu  4)Alcohol (not a absolute but some of us seem to like a glass of wine or beer)  5)Willing to be accommodating for setting up a table or area for 6-10 people. 

The rest of the meetups for the year have been changed.   If you have RSVP'd and now can't attend please change your status - thanks!

Happy summer reading.  The book for Aug looks interesting!!

Cid