Functional Programming in Scala : Beginner's Workshop
Note: We will meet at a new location, in Boston.
The goal of this meetup is to collaboratively progress through exercises in the book. It will more or less be in the format of a group project to solve the exercises. Questions can be asked at any time.
We will be starting with the code from the book as seen in the git repo. The tentative goal is to get through chapter 4.
Finally, this book is written by fellow Boston-area Scala enthusiasts, so let's show some love and get everyone on board with FP FTW.
The workshop will be led by Dan Billings.
How to get into the building:
- Check in at the left front desk in the lobby and collect a pass.
- Show the pass to a security officer next to the elevators.
- Get on an elevator and go to the 6th floor.
Take the T to South Station or Downtown Crossing.
If you are planning to drive to Boston, these are the best parking options (sorted by distance):
- Central One International Place, 55 Purchase St - $9
- LAZ Parking, 90 Pearl St - $8
- LAZ Parking, 100 High St - $7
You might also be able to park at one of the nearby metered parking spots.