Come out and meet and mingle with other Boston Science Fiction and Fantasy fans at our monthly Social Meetup! We meet for food, drinks, games, and excellent companionship, at the Rosebud Bar & Lounge (the restaurant _behind_ the diner car). They are normally closed on Mondays, but they are opening just for us, so we've moved our social meetup to the first Monday of the Month.
This space should be able to hold all of us, and it is reserved _exclusively_ for us. (That doesn't mean that random people won't wander in off the street from time to time...) The space has three large TVs, so we usually show some SciFi/Fantasy movies in the background. We promise nothing about the quality of the movies. :)
More about Rosebud Bar & Grill here: http://www.rosebudbarandgrill.com
A few things to keep in mind:
* In the past, the food has been very slow to arrive. Recently, it has been much better!
* There is no table service, so you need to order at the bar.
* The Rosebud "diner car" at the street is not affiliated with the Rosebud Bar & Lounge where we meet. You are not allowed to buy food from the "diner car" and bring it to the Rosebud Bar & Lounge.
* There is no theme or agenda, just people talking about Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and geeky things that we like (and dislike). If you can't come on time, that's fine, we usually have a large group until 8:00 PM. If you want to come early, there are usually people there at 6:00. Rosebud says we can stick around until 1 AM if we want to (that's their closing time).
* If you have SciFi/Fantasy Books or DVDs that you don't want anymore, feel free to bring them to the meetup and give them away (no sales, please). Be sure to take home anything that isn't claimed before you leave!
* There is no charge for this meetup, but the restaurant that hosts us greatly appreciates your business (and doesn't charge us a room rental fee), so please come hungry (or at least buy a drink). Also, please don't forget to pay your bill before you leave!
If you're taking the T, Davis Square is on the Red Line, and Rosebud is south of the T station, just off Elm St.
Here is a map:
There are some metered parking lots near Rosebud, as well as street parking. There is a PDF with a list of public parking areas in Davis Square here: