For December, we're doing something special for our monthly Social Meetup, a gift exchange! If you would like to exchange gifts with another random Meetup member, here's what you need to know:
* Bring a NEW, WRAPPED gift to the meetup. Your gift will go in a big pile, and you'll get a numbered ticket.
* Your gift should be at least $20, mostly just to ensure that everyone gets something nice. You can spend more if you're feeling generous, but there is no obligation to do so.
* Think geeky for the gifts! Books, movies, games, comics, action figures, shirts, hats, they all work.
* Whenever possible, include a gift receipt, although this is not a requirement.
* If you really can't think of anything, you can wrap a gift card, but please try not to do that, as it is pretty obvious that it is a gift card, and those gifts tend to be the last ones picked.
* We'll call out ticket numbers at random, and when your number is called, you pick a present from the pile. If you don't like it, we're very sorry. You can try to swap with other people after all the presents are given out, or you can return it if there is a gift receipt.
We'll also be celebrating the upcoming movie release of the Hobbit with some trivia and give-aways :)
And now, for the normal information:
Come out and meet and mingle with other Boston Science Fiction and Fantasy fans at our monthly Social Meetup! We meet for food, drinks, games, and excellent companionship, at the Rosebud Bar & Lounge (the res
taurant _behind_ the diner car). They are normally closed on Mondays, but they are opening just for us, so we've moved our social meetup to the first Monday of the Month.
You can find o
This space should be able to hold all of us, and it is reserved _exclusively_ for us. (That doesn't mean that random people won't wander in off the street from time to time...) The space has three large TVs, so we usually show some SciFi/Fantasy movies in the background. We promise nothing about the quality of the movies. :)ut more about Rosebud Bar & Grill here: http://www.rosebudbarandgrill.com
A few things to keep in mind:
* In the past, the food has been very slow to arrive. Recently, it has been much better!
* There is no table service, so you need to order at the bar.
* The Rosebud "diner car" at the street is not affiliated with the Rosebud Bar & Lounge where we meet. You are not allowed to buy food from the "diner car" and bring it to the Rosebud Bar & Lounge.
* There is no theme or agenda, just people talking about Sci-Fi, Fantasy, and geeky things that we like (and dislike). If you can't come on time, that's fine, we usually have a large group until 8:00 PM. If you want to come early, there are usually people there at 6:00. Rosebud says we can stick around until 1 AM if we want to (that's their closing time).
* If you have SciFi/Fantasy Books or DVDs that you don't want anymore, feel free to bring them to the meetup and give them away (no sales, please). Be sure to take home anything that isn't claimed before you leave!
* There is no charge for this meetup, but the restaurant that hosts us greatly appreciates your business (and doesn't charge us a room rental fee), so please come hungry (or at least buy a drink). Also, please don't forget to pay your bill before you leave!
If you're taking the T, Davis Square is on the Red Line, and Rosebud is south of the T station, just off Elm St.
Here is a map:
There are some metered parking lots near Rosebud, as well as street parking. There is a PDF with a list of public parking areas in Davis Square here: