Announcing a new Meetup for The Boston Sci-Fi/Fantasy Meetup Group!
What: End of Summer Picnic Outing
When: September 13,[masked]:30 AM
Park Street at Beacon St
Boston, MA 02108
Summer is almost gone, so lets get outside and have a picnic before the snow starts!
Boston Common is one of the oldest city parks in the United States.
You can get a map of the Boston Common here:http://www.cityofboston.gov/parks/streettrees/pdfs/boston_common.pdf
We'll meet up at Brewer Fountain (the big fountain next to the Park St Subway entrance, #4 on the map linked to above) from 10:30 AM to 11:00 AM. At 11, we'll head out and find a big open patch of field to sit, talk, eat, and play games. (If you're coming late, that's fine, just call my cell phone [masked]) and I'll let you know where we've gone.)
Things to bring (if you want to):
- Outdoor games (e.g., frisbee, bocce ball)
- Board Games (you may want to think twice about ones with a million tiny pieces)
- Food (this is not a catered event! However, if you're feeling generous and want to bring food to share, go right ahead.)
- Cold drinks
- Assorted picnic supplies
Things you shouldn't bring:
NOTE: If it rains, this event won't happen. Sorry. :(
- Pets (I know that you love your dog/cat/spitting cobra/targ/tauntaun, but please leave them at home.)
- Alcoholic Beverages (Being hassled by the Boston Police is always fun, but still...)
- Weapons of Mass Destruction
- Anything really valuable that you would be heartbroken to have stolen/eaten/destroyed/rained on
Learn more here:http://www.meetup.com/boston-scifi/calendar/11297456/