The Boston Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › The Journal of Emerging Investigators

The Journal of Emerging Investigators

Matt
user 6134195
Somerville, MA
Post #: 6
Hello friends!

I have been named media and funding coordinator for a fairly new group out of Harvard, The Journal of Emerging Investigators. They are run by a group of Harvard graduate students and have the goal of orienting Junior High and High School students into the scientific publishing process. They take in students science reports, adjudicate them and then publish them with high scientific standards. This group gives students all over the world the ability to learn about scientific publishing. In many ways, it counters the current trend to dumb down science because this program demands that students let their research be reviewed and criticized in a positive and nurturing manner.

Please check out their website -

http://emerginginvestigators.org/­

And like us on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/EmergingInvestigators­

I will need lots of help once we get things rolling. Specifically, this group will be seeking corporate sponsorship to help pay for the prizes for students. So if anyone knows of or works for companies, especially in the science industry, that are willing to make donations to help this group, personal connections are a big plus. The checks will be made out to Harvard University and will be tax exempt as charitable donations.

We will eventually be crowd funding on IndieGoGo and I will let you all know when we will need help getting the word out about and when you can donate if you can.

Thanks much guys. This group has a great record of helping charities, and I feel this one is worth it to further the cause of science and reason.

- Matthew Martino
Zachary B.
zakbos
Boston, MA
Post #: 221
(Speaking as someone who works in publishing, it sounds like your role is that of "development", rather than "media and funding".)

You should definitely share this on the mailing list.

And, you might reach out to the local scientific and scholarly institutions -- e.g., the Boston-based American Meteorological Society, the AAAS -- and ask *them* for sponsorship.