addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Boston Atheists Meetup Group Message Board › Change of Leadership

Change of Leadership

Josiah
user 3504482
Somerville, MA
Hello to all the Boston Atheists out there. As you may know Zac has stepped down as President and I have stepped up as Interim President while we reorganize.

I am very excited about assuming the post and taking over the reins of what Zac has so painstakingly built over the last 8 years. The task immediately in front of us is to transition from a social grouping about atheism into a community of and for atheists.

My goals are to provide a space and a voice for atheists in Boston; to provide for the needs of the community and its members; and to lower the boundaries to action and fellowship.

To that end we are in action to register with the state as a not for profit organization. This will give us many institutional advantages and recognitions. There will be elections and a charter writing and such. This will be done over the next couple of months and you will be kept up to date as we move forward.

I will be increasing the brunches to weekly (details upcoming) and mean to be present and available at all of them. This will give members the opportunity to meet me and discuss ideas for the future of the Boston Atheists.

If you want to you can check out some of the thinking I've been doing that has lead up to me taking over from Zac at my blog. metabelief.blogspot.com

And lastly I invite you all to post your ideas for the community on our Facebook page or to send them to me directly.

http://www.facebook.c...­