* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Before 6 pm - free conversations - so arrive early - as early as 5:30 pm
6-7 - Introductions
7-7:30 pm - "Expert Topical Presentation" in BOTH Mandarin AND English
Date and Speakers -
David Auerbach, Taught English in China for Two Years,
"Some things I learned teaching English and learning Chinese!"
8-9:30 pm - small Mandarin-speaking groups
8-9:30 pm - English language pronunciation and grammar workshops
After 9:30 pm - free conversations - so stay late
Our stable location is Kresge 201 in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
All Mandarin speakers (and English-speakers, too) need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail [masked] to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
PLEASE request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Show your CURRENT LOCAL ID to the HSPH Security Guard, the UP the open indoor stairwell (follow signs to Kresge 201).
E-Mail [masked] and [masked] for a building pass if you don't have a Harvard ID; we convene in Kresge 201; you will ask the HSPH security guard where that is.
Read more: http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/eve/4109979762.html