* Mandarin speakers want to practice English (and reduce their Chinese accents)?
* English speakers want to learn Mandarin?
* Nerdy Chinese folks want to bring friends and have a fun, FREE "outing" in Boston just talking with nerdy strangers in English or Mandarin?
Before 6 pm - free conversations - so arrive early - as early as 5:30 pm
6-7 - Introductions
7-8 pm - Visuospatial Deficits, Gait, and Cognition
in Parkinson's disease patients
An expert topical presentation in BOTH Mandarin AND English
Ms. Xiaolin 'Celine' Ren,
PhD candidate in Rehabilitation and Movement Science,
Sargent College, Boston University
Learn more about Parkinson's Disease and related clinical research:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_disease_clinical_research Clinical Research re: Parkinsonism
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinson%27s_disease - Parkinson's disease
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkinsonism - Parkinsonism
8-9:30 pm - small Mandarin-speaking groups
8-9:30 pm - English language pronunciation and grammar workshops
After 9:30 pm - free conversations - so stay late
Our stable location is Kresge[masked] in the most gracious and globally conscious Harvard School of Public Health, where health-conscious and energy-conscious building and curriculum modifications have been made.
All attendees need to register IN ADVANCE to get an HSPH building permission for the night.
E-Mail [masked] to register your intent AND sign YES on this meetup.
PLEASE (try to) request by 4 pm the day before the Tuesday evening event.
* Harvard Square to LMA is about 30 minutes on #66 bus or the M2 Harvard bus.
* Green Line E-Line comes to the building.
* Walking from the Orange Line takes about 5-10 minutes.
* Walking from Brookline is about 10 minutes.
* MFA, NEU, Wentworth, and Colleges of the Fenway are adjacent.
* Route 9 comes right into the area.
* Street parking is FREE from 6 pm onward.
Show your CURRENT LOCAL ID to the HSPH Security Guard, the UP the open indoor stairwell (follow signs to Kresge 201, 202, 203, or 204).
for a building pass if you don't have a Harvard ID;
we convene in Kresge[masked];
you will ask the HSPH security guard WHICH of the four rooms we're using that night, and where that room is.
PLEASE plan to show up early so we can begin our 'bilingual introductions' on time, so our presenter can begin (and end) on time.