Parent University & Helping Hands Volunteer Program
Our Goal as volunteers will be to welcome and direct each parent and family member through Parent University.
Parent University is an opportunity for parents to sharpen their skills as they work in one of life's most important and demanding roles. Parent University provides parents and caregivers with information about their vital responsibility in shaping children's lives. Sessions focus on child development, what children are learning in schools, advocacy, parent leadership and effective parenting skills.
Each participant must fill out a volunteer form ahead of time.
Click on the link below:
Dear Helping Hands Volunteers,
Saturday, 03/09/13, Parent University will be held at the Curry Student Center. We are counting on your support and look forward to you joining us. It is the volunteerism of community members that allow this event to be a success.
· Please plan to arrive at Curry Student Center by the time you agreed to when you registered. (If you are unsure of that time please contact me and I can remind you.)
· Upon Arrival find the Volunteer Check-In table located in the pit area of the quad. 7:00- 7:30 am is set up, and we welcome “all hands on deck”.
· At 7:30 sign in will begin. You will get your assignments, any other needed materials, and meet the captain(s) that you will be working with.
· If you are a returning volunteer and have a Parent University Shirt, please bring it and plan to wear it. If you are new, we will have a shirt for you. We ask that volunteers followed the preferred dress code and wear dark colored pants and a white shirt.
· If your availability has changed is pertinent that you let us know immediately by emailing or calling Min [masked] [masked]. It will be difficult to replace you at this late date and we greatly appreciate your commitment.
Visit our new website at www.bpsfamilies.org