addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Data Visualization Message Board › Data Visualuzation of Baseball Stats?

Data Visualuzation of Baseball Stats?

Daigo F.
daigofuji
Watertown, MA
Post #: 1
Hi all,
Not strictly data visualization event, but I thought members of this meetup group might want to know that there is a Boston Baseball Hack Day coming up in couple of weeks, March 24th.

http://baseballhackda...­

I am one of the organizer of this event, and looks like there are more than few of us with data viz background have singed up to attend. Baseball is such a stats rich sport and gives a lot of opportunity to make creative data visualizations. Ben Fry, who was one of speakers at this meetup group's event in the past, will be there at the end to judge the projects.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. Thanks
Daigo Fujiwara
dfujiwara@globe.com

Sanat P.
sanatpatel
Boston, MA
Post #: 2
Daigo,

This sounded like a blast !
I've got some baseball stat junkies ( and self-proclaimed experts ) who would eat up this stuff.

Are there any data sets teams might be willing to share ?

I'll love to make a story from it using our iPad app.

We'll be on the AppStore during this week's WWDC conference in SF.
I'll share the visualization with you once it's released, but can probably share a video in he meantime.

Regards,
Sanat
Sanat P.
sanatpatel
Boston, MA
Post #: 4
Daigo,

I linked to your data on GitHub to import for a Perspective story.
https://github.com/da...­

May I use your RedSox vs Yankees image for the cover ?
The story will have appropriate credits where due.

I will send you a private link to review it when the motion charts are done.
In fact, it would be great feedback on what charts might be interesting to you.