addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Boston Data Visualization Message Board › Year Recap & Thank you!

Year Recap & Thank you!

Irene
user 7548472
Group Organizer
Boston, MA
Hello everyone!

As we all wrap up the year, I wanted to take a minute and thank you all for building this amazing community with me.

I've lived in Boston for about 5 years now and have been slowly learning about the wonderful data visualizers that live here too. Never did I expect this meetup to grow so fast and have so many talented members! To give you some context: This year we've grown from 0 to 857 members!!!

We've had 7 very successful meetups and we've hosted the Hubway Data Visualization Challenge hackday that resulted in over 60 entries. Thanks to the many conversations I've had with you, we are now organizing OpenVis Conf, a conference that is very much inspired by the success of our meetup group.

More than anything, I am grateful for the sense of community that I feel at every meetup.

I am very exciting to continue building this community with all of you.

Your organizer,

-- Irene Ros