New Wave - Young Boston Feminists Message Board › Phone Banking for Feminist Candidate

Phone Banking for Feminist Candidate

Daryl C.
user 9903616
Boston, MA
Post #: 9
Hello,

My name is Tess Fabeck and I'm a field organizer with MassEquality. MassEquality is looking for volunteers during this busy election season and I was wondering if any Young Boston Feminists would be interested in helping us out. We're hosting phone banks every Monday-Thursday from 5-8 pm at our new offices at 5 Broad Street (right off the Govt. Center t stop). Training and dinner are provided, and it's a great way to meet new people.

In particular, we are phonebanking on behalf of Barbara L'Italien in the general election in the 18th Essex District. It is crucial that we play a role in down-ballot races that hinge on volunteer support in order to succeed. We're calling against the Tea Party's Rep. Jim Lyons. Lyons wants to eliminate school-based health centers, and is staunchly anti-choice (in all cases), anti-LGBTQ, and anti-woman.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact me at this email or via phone at (763)-244-0153.

Thanks, and I look forward to hopefully working with New Wave in the future.

-Tess Fabeck