addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 07: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 07: jQuery jAM, Season 3

A former member
Post #: 25
Hi Gene,

Here is my Chapter 7 exercises:
http://webrigger.com/...­

I really like how the author tells you the best practices in laying out the code. I work on a lot of code written by others and most of it is poorly formatted. Including the lack of indenting ... making it hard to read and debug!

Cheers,

Dennis
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,974
@Dennis -- Nice work. I agree with your comments about the book and the author. It is one of my favorite technology books because of the organization, the layout, the writing and the emphasis on readable code.
Jen K.
jen4web
Arlington, MA
Post #: 13
Chapter 7 posted:

http://www.jenkramer....­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,979
@Jen -- Sweet!
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 18
Discovered the setInterval() method.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,992
@David -- Your website is looking pretty retro -- retro 1995!
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 19
Gene...does not sound good...retro in design/appearance or retro in use of coding skills?....yeh..most likely both...web design is not my current career road I am traveling....
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,993
@David -- Retro as in <blink>WE ARE OPEN!</blink> smile
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 20
Cool... Yeh..ha ha.. ..Got it...I use some sights now for work that have ads that blink and change for one ad to another and wanted to try and tackle a way to do it( I used javaScript->setInterval() method)....while replicating those "open" signs that seemed to always be in those old movies/shows.... yep you are correct retro!
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 21
Just finished a creationDate counter..only think it is counting from current users computer time...(not taking into account time zones)....as webpage creation date is constant.