Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 08: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 08: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,972
@David -- Nice work. Now we are getting into some useful and practical jQuery coding. Thanks for helping to lead the way.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,976
Chapter 8 -- complete.
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 63
Just posted the exercises for Chapter 8 - follow link for chapter 8. Slight addition on the in-page links page so I could test it on my localhost, and I forgot to remove it. It works, though.

Soon to post Chatper 9, too.

Ken
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,000
@Ken -- The only minor glitch I'm seeing is no arrows on navigation. Compare yours with mine.
A former member
Post #: 26
Hi Gene,

Here are my exercises for this week: Chapter 8 Exercises

The Nav Plugin is a huge help and will make me go back and redo some older sites!

Cheers,

Dennis
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,008
@Dennis -- Nice work. Navigation is a big deal and this plugin does it nicely. Check out additional navigation techniques and approaches at jQuery jAM | Tutorials.
Rick H.
RickHeller
Cambridge, MA
Post #: 11
Exercises for chapter 8. I didn't notice the missing triangles until you pointed them out to one of the other jammers.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,010
@Rick -- Nice work.
Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 65
@Ken -- The only minor glitch I'm seeing is no arrows on navigation. Compare yours with mine.
­Hello Gene -
Yes, you're right! I didn't copy the entire "chapter08" folder, and didn't notice the arrows because I never looked at the "complete_menu.html" example. And there are no errors reported in the browser, but I did find (and this might be a good habit to adopt) that using the Chrome browser "Inspect element" option, it does report an error in the console, and I see that it mentions that it cannot load the "arrow.jpg". Copying the "images" folder to my working copy of the chapter 8 exercises, and then uploading it to my site, it is now working - thanks for catching that! Helps to have that other little check for errors on the checklist, too.

Thanks -
Ken
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,015
@Ken -- smile