Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 11: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Chapter 11: jQuery jAM, Season 3

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,917

Welcome to the Chapter 11 discussion area for jQuery jAM, Season 3. Please read the chapter, complete the tutorials and post a link to your completed work. Then, let your fellow jAMmers know how you are progressing by clicking the Add a reply link.

Return to >> Master Discussion List
Bob H.
BobHickey
Dedham, MA
Post #: 64
Chapter 11 complete: http://frogonadog.bye...­
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,927
@Bob -- Nice job leading the pack.
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 25
Chapter 11 completed.
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 26
I believe there are A few print errors in the book for the login tutorial...
page 368 line 5....."$('#formwrapper ).prepend('<p id="fail">Incorrect login information. Please try again</p>');"
should be
$('#formwrapper').prepend('<p id="fail">Incorrect login information. Please try again</p>');
(missing " ' " after #formwrapper...)

page 369 line 5......" if ($('#fail').length==0){".......<­<<<works
page 370 line 9....."if ($(!'#fail').length){".......,,,,,d­oes NOT work
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,006
@David -- Good work. Please submit errata.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 59
Hi Gene. Chapter 11 is submitted here along with two extras. I understand that the author cannot include specifics on interfacing with server-side DBs but it seemed pointless without it, so I did some simple examples that I hope to build on. Thanks.
David P.
Dukie
Boston, MA
Post #: 28
@Mike I like your samples...I had the same idea.......I used Filemaker for the database.....

@Gene..........I created a comment form that uses javascript and AJAX to input data into a Filemaker Database then retrieves the data.....Only clitch I can see is my validate ...function processData(data) is not working.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,014
@Mike -- Nice work, especially with your jQuery UI Autocomplete! I've added David Carr's tutorial -- Autocomplete with PHP, MySQL and jQuery UI -- to jQuery jAM | Tutorials. Thanks for finding it and showing us The Way!

@David -- Haven't visited this chapter yet, so I won't be much help on this one.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 2,040
Chapter 11 -- complete.