align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 12: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Chapter 12: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 446

This space is reserved for updates and questions about Chapter 12 of the book Advanced PHP and Object Oriented Programming being used in the PHP Percolate! Season 5 virtual self-study group.

Thanks,
Tom Pettingill
Senior Percolator

Go to .... Master Discussion List
A former member
Post #: 24
The chapter 12 scripts are designed to be run at the command line. But a couple of them will also work on the Web, so I threw them up just for kicks.
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 39
Hi Tom. I am turning in the Chapter 12 review questions. Thank you!
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 485
Chapter 12 Complete. I didn't post any exercises. I don't have command line access on Hostgater. Everything worked well on Localhost. You'll have to take my work for that.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 486
Great work Mike and Rick. It looks like someone did something else this weekend besides move snow like I did!
Tom F.
user 24224922
Ambler, PA
Post #: 66
Chapter 12 command-line scripts and review questions completed. Results are posted as PDFs showing CLI dialogs/results on my localhost XAMPP server (PHP 5.4.7).

The number.php, number2.php and temperature.php scripts worked on my hosting server, but the built-in, PHP-CLI Web server did not.

http://www.webhomebas...­

Moving into the home stretch now; only two more chapters to go!

Best regards,
Tom
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 526
More than likely, you will be this week's leader in the clubhouse!
Jeff S.
user 58940692
Boston, MA
Post #: 30
Chapter 12 is done here

That was an interesting chapter with the command line interface.

Wow, only 2 more chapters to go! I should be done by Friday, I imagine.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 551
Moving right along Jeff. Unfortunately most ISP's don't provide any command line access.
Gary J.
gmgj
Boston, MA
Post #: 12
Chapter 12 Review I am looking to do some xml transfers, server to server with the stuff in this chapter.