align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfullheartglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 13: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Chapter 13: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 494

This space is reserved for updates and questions about Chapter 13 of the book Advanced PHP and Object Oriented Programming being used in the PHP Percolate! Season 5 virtual self-study group.

Thanks,
Tom Pettingill
Senior Percolator

Go to .... Master Discussion List
Mike M.
SeabrookMLM
Seabrook, NH
Post #: 40
Hi Tom. I am turning in Chapter 13 exercises and review. Thank you!
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 496
Chapter 13 complete. Exercises here.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 497
Mike, I guess you were just waiting for me to post the final two links!!
A former member
Post #: 25
Chapter 13 is here. Have a great week everybody.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 503
Well Rick, only one chapter to go. I expect you'll be finisher number two next week!
Tom F.
user 24224922
Ambler, PA
Post #: 67
Completed Chapter 13; only one more to go!

http://www.webhomebas...­

Best regards,
Tom
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 538
I'm a little late with my review and I know you finished at this point. So I'll save congratulations to later.
Jeff S.
user 58940692
Boston, MA
Post #: 31
Chapter 13 is now completed here.

And yes, for me it is a mad dash to the finish so I can get on over to Larry's "The Yii Book" I purchased like November 2012 I think it was - 2 days from now I'll be done with Ch14 which completes the book.

Wow, this chapter is very, very, very cool! cool cool How cool is XML? How important is XML? Well, I'll tell you it's what eBay uses for developers to carry data back and forth between their servers and the developers servers. So important, I had to invest tons of time, research with trial and error into this XML baby back in Sept/Oct 2012.

Using the built-in PHP XMLWriter() function for constructing an XML file is very powerful! I'm always impressed with what PHP can do! And I'm also quite impressed with XML. And very impressed too with the Yii PHP Framework that you see in the PDF here with the OOP PHP coding for database interaction, etc.

This is my code I wrote back in October 2012 that I use on our live eBay account. I'm showing sandbox here. Maybe my coding isn't the best, but it works very well for uploading 3000+ price changes. I was and still feel like a beginner with PHP/MySQL and Yii even though I've been learning those for over 1 year now. Anyway, I thought I'd share a little bit of what PHP can do for your XML file saving. Realize this is for eBay's specific XML criteria. So, your requirements will differ, but you get the idea I think of how to contruct an XML file the way you want with XMLWriter() .

If anyone desires to see some code of what I use feel free to check it out here. It's what I use to save the XML data from our product database after costs are calculated for the new sale price.
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 554
For a minute i thought this was the mad dash to the finish!