addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Chapter 14: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Chapter 14: PHP Percolate! Season 5

Ken H.
Ken_H.
Boston, MA
Post #: 54
Congratulations Ken!!!

Thanks, Tom - it seemed that this message board disappeared for a while, but now it's back? Or was it just me?

Thanks for the effort in keeping up with all of the submissions, for catching some of the errors early on and all of the work and encouragement. It definitely does provide a good environment and more motivation to keep going with it, instead of buying a book that might not get well used. Looking forward to more learning in future series!

Take care -
Ken
Brian M.
bmarple
Lunenburg, MA
Post #: 42
I've finished Chapter 14 to my satisfaction. I enjoyed this book immensely and learned a boat load. As for debugging PHP, I use Embarcadero's RADPHP which is a commercial tool for developing PHP applications and provides a step by step, line by line debugging environment very similar to Visual Studio or Delphi. I've been using it throughout this class and the last. All though I've found that for the most part I don't really need more than echo '<pre>'.print_r($var, 1).'</pre>';.

It's been fun!
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 588
Congratulations Brian! You will probably be the last official finisher. There doesn't seem to be any more activity in our discussion group. I'll probably close out season 5 this week.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,861
Congrats to all Season 5 finishers and participants. The Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment has been updated listing all those who crossed the finish line in Season 5.

Special thanks to Tom Pettingill, Senior Percolator, who took on the challenge of leading Season 5. Without Tom there would have been no Season 5 and no advanced PHP learning.