addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Boston PHP Message Board › Hour 24: jQuery jAM, Season 2

Hour 24: jQuery jAM, Season 2

Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,824

This space is reserved for updates and questions about Hour 24 of the Teach Yourself jQuery Mobile book being used in the jQuery jAM, Season 2 virtual self-study group.

Thanks,

Gene Babon
Chief Percolator

Go to ... Master Discussion List
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 508
Hour 24 is a good introduction to Wordpress. I was surprised to see that Wordpress uses jquery mobile as part of its core installation. I installed Wordpress on localhost but really didn't want to install it on my ISP. So I have no exercises to post. I do plan to do some more work to become familiar with Wordpress but my real concentration is in Drupal.
By the way, the main discussion link for chapter 23 is linked to chapter 22! My exercises for chapter 23 can be found here.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,833
@Tom -- Superb job of leading the way during Season 2 and crossing the finish line first. Congrats on becoming Boston PHP's first ever Quint Perk!
Tom P.
tompsubs
Merrimac, MA
Post #: 512
I had a change of heart about posting the wordpress application on Hostgater. I decided to do it in order to see how the site would look in the reposinator. I have to admit, wordpress uses jquerymobile to good effect. Site can be accessed from here.
Randy B.
randy1200
Danville, NH
Post #: 96
I also thought this was a great intro to WordPress, but don't want to install it right now on my web site. I'm going to call my efforts on this complete. I enjoyed the book, and really appreciate all the efforts of Gene and others at Boston PHP for creating such a positive forum.

Cheers!
Randy
Dennis M.
user 68442422
Boston, MA
Post #: 28
My ISP does not support WordPress, so I can't post the listings.

Thanks to Gene for this very useful series, and to Phil for his book and support here.
Gene B.
babong
Boston, MA
Post #: 1,863
Congrats to Tom Pettingill, Randy Bone and Dennis McCarthy for successfully navigating 24 Hours of jQuery jAM, Season 2. Your names have been enshrined on the Self-Study Group | Wall of Accomplishment.